The word yoga means “union” in Sanskrit, the language of ancient India where yoga originated. We can think of the union occurring between the mind, body and spirit.
What is commonly referred to as “yoga” can be more accurately described by the Sanskrit word Asana, which refers to the practice of physical postures or poses.
- Increases Strength
- Improves Muscle tone
- Helps in Pain Prevention
- Helps in Better Breathing
- Mental Benefits
- Brings Mental Calmness
- Helps in Stress Reduction
- Improves Body Awareness
- Yoga classes will begin soon.
Meditation is any form of a family of practices in which practitioners train their minds or self-induce a mode of consciousness to realize some benefit.
Meditation is not a technique but a way of life. Meditation means ‘a cessation of the thought process’. It describes a state of consciousness, when the mind is free of scattered thoughts and various patterns . The observer (one who is doing meditation) realizes that all the activity of the mind is reduced to one.
Health benefits of Meditation:
- It lowers oxygen consumption.
- It decreases respiratory rate.
- It increases blood flow and slows the heart rate.
- Increases exercise tolerance in heart patients.
- Leads to a deeper level of relaxation.
- Good for people with high blood pressure as it brings the B.P. to normal.
- Reduces anxiety attacks by lowering the levels of blood lactate.
- Decreases muscle tension (any pain due to tension) and headaches.
- Builds self-confidence.
- It increases serotonin production which influences mood and behaviour. Low levels of serotonin are associated with depression, obesity, insomnia and headaches.
- Helps in chronic diseases like allergies , arthritis etc.
- Reduces Pre- menstrual Syndrome.
- Helps in post-operative healing.
- Enhances the immune system. Research has revealed that meditation increases activity of ‘natural-killer cells’, which kill bacteria and cancer cells.
- Also reduces activity of viruses and emotional distress.
Meditation classes will be conducted for the interested people regularly at Siddhidhata Clinic.
“Siddhimind is the power of the mind which helps one achieve success, accomplishment, and perfection in anything one does.”